Rotten foam (kinda boatanchor related)

J. Forster jfor at QUIK.COM
Sun Nov 3 13:54:56 EST 2002

A good solvent is rubber cement thinner (Hexane). It will soften the goo, but will
not damage most other things. Beware: It is very flamable. Do it outdoors, a small
area at a time, and be carefu with your waste paper.

The decaying rubber will not damage most things, but the more recent types of foam
based on other chemicals can etch things. I have some stainless steel instruments
that were damaged that way.

Good luck,
-John

C Stewart wrote: I've aquired an old military surplus frequency meter.  This thing
could