determining impedance of modulation transformer

Ed Lambert" "K1ZOK ma.locksmith at JUNO.COM
Tue Nov 12 12:07:49 EST 2002

Ah, pretty easy.

The impedance ratio is directly proportional to the square of the turns
ratio.

Take a 120 to 6.3 (or other convenient) filament transformer and feed the
6.3 volt output into the secondary side of the modulation transformer.
Measure the voltage on the primary side.  My assumption is that it will
be greater than the secondary.

This will give you the turns ratio.  Now, square the turns ratio and
multiply that by 6500 and that's the approximate impedance of the
primary.

Ed
K1ZOK