Unusual Collins 75S-1

Glen Zook gzook at YAHOO.COM
Mon Sep 2 23:18:07 EDT 2002

A somewhat unusual 75S-1 came walking into my life
this morning although I did not know it at the time!

What I have is s/n 119XX (almost 12000) that
originally belonged to a local Dallas area Collins
employee who only owned it a year, or two, and traded
it off to someone who never used it!  The underside is
beautiful, the topside is dirty (been stored in a
garage), but should clean up without any problems.
The cabinet has a couple of scratches that I am going
to try to take care of with rubbing compound.  Don't
know if it will work or not!

The unusual feature is that there is the 500 Hz CW
mechanical filter (F 455 Q 5) and the corresponding
BFO crystal factory installed.  The red glyptol is on
all of the connections including the filter and BFO
crystal and perfectly matches all of the rest of the
receiver wiring.  I have seen a number of 75S-1
receivers with the 500 Hz filter added in the field,
but this is the first one that I have seen from the
factory (although I have heard of them).

The power cord is badly cracked and I will have to
replace it for safety (I can keep the original cord if
someone wants it - less black connector, of course).

Anyway, I don't need two 75S-1 receivers, so after I
get this one cleaned up and aligned, I will offer it
for sale.

Should be available in a couple of days.

Glen, K9STH

=====
Glen, K9STH

Web sites