Help Pse to ID a HRO Copy Made in Australia

Kenneth D. Grimm, K4XL kgrimm at ADELPHIA.NET
Mon Apr 14 13:00:08 EDT 2003

> Hi, I have come across a radio that looks a lot like a HRO-5. It has
no
> nameplate on it but there is a patent sticker on the inside of the rig
that
> has a list of patent dates for the Australian manufacturer. The latest
being
> 1936. There is a crystal in it with the AWA logo on it. From the
> Communications Receivers Book 1942 to 1997 it mentions the 3BZ,
AMR-101 and
> the AR8 models. I am not sure if all three were HRO look alike's in
the
> description.
>
> Digital pix available to help ID if necessary.
>

> Thank you,
>
> Bob   AB3L
>
> Pittsburgh

Hi Bob,
Take a look at this web site:
http://www.armyradio.com/publish/Articles/AR-7%20Receiver/AR-7_Receiver.
htm
If that is your radio, you can get the manual from BAMA.
73,
Ken K4XL
k4xl at arrl.net
*** BoatAnchor Manual Archive ***
On the web at http://bama.sbc.edu or
FTP site info: bama.sbc.edu login: anonymous p/w: youremailadr