Cheyenne MT-1 High Jinx

Glen Zook gzook at YAHOO.COM
Sun Dec 21 11:40:53 EST 2003

You do have to operate the push-to-talk switch for CW
operation.  The newer rigs that you can just close the
key are primarily sideband rigs that are using
side-tone generation for the CW signal.  Keying the
rig actually means keying the sidetone oscillator and
that works the VOX as well as causing the effective CW
signal.

Since there is no VOX in the Cheyenne, you have to
work the push-to-talk to put the transmitter in the
transmit position.

Glen, K9STH

--- Brian Carling <bcarling at CFL.RR.COM> wrote:

However, the T-R relay does not energize when you turn
the function switch to the "CW" position. If I ground
the PTT line she pulls in just fine.

Now I just need to figure out HOW the T-R switching is
supposed to work on CW. It works fine on phone from
the PTT switch at the mic input connector.

=====
Glen, K9STH

Web sites

http://home.comcast.net/~k9sth