Homebrew Transmitter-Anyone Ever Seen This Circuit?

David Hollander n7rk at COX.NET
Sat Jan 18 20:32:40 EST 2003

I know this is not a Heathkit, Hallicrafters or National but was hoping
someone on the list might be able to help me.

A beautiful homebrew CW transmitter followed me home from last weekend's
hamfest. It is an 80-10 meter VFO transmitter with a 5894 in the final.
Looks like I finally have a use for the spare 5894's in my garage..LOL

In looking through old QST's, I have never seen an HF transmitter using
this tube for a final as I believe it is VHF tube. The rest of the
lineup is a 6AG7 driving a 5763 driving another 5763 into the 5894. The
VFO is a 6SJ7 driving a 6F6 (I think). I have not opened up the VFO
compartment but I doubt their is a tube inside.

Does this circuit  lineup ring a bell with anyone? I plan to put this
thing on the air with my BA receivers. If anyone remembers such a
transmitter circuit from QST or CQ, could you please fill me in. I have
attached some photos of this radio. The construction is superb. It is
missing the plate tuning cap but that should not really be a big deal.

http://members.cox.net/radiostuff9/hb_xmtr.jpg
http://members.cox.net/radiostuff9/hb_xmtr2.jpg
http://members.cox.net/radiostuff9/hb_xmtr3.jpg
http://members.cox.net/radiostuff9/hb_xmtr4.jpg

73 and Tnx for any help,
Dave N7RK

Dave  N7RK                    http://members.cox.net/n7rk
Phoenix, Arizona         *DXCC Honor Roll*    *WAZ#23 - 75 Meter SSB*

            ex-XE2/N7RK, N7RK/ZB2, VK2ERK, ZM0AJN, WB6NRK, WN6IWX

Boatanchor Collector Extraordinaire preferring Hallicrafters, National
and what ever else looks interesting!