[Boatanchors] ALERT: AM Under Attack - WA3VJB

Brian Carling bcarling at CFL.RR.COM
Fri Jun 20 10:11:16 EDT 2003

Can't say that I agree with Doc here.

Outlawing all AM signals that are 6 kHz wide is preposterous.

To claim that AM is under attack is certainly NOT a falsehood.

To acknowledge divisiveness does not encourage it.

Shying away from the attacks only encourages more.

We are not as far away from BANNING HF AM and CW
as you may think, my friend!

Let's revisit this 20 years from now and se if you STILL think
VJB is crying wolf.

On the other hand you probably don't use HF AM.

I do occasionally and I like it! My AF67 and Ranger type rigs don't easily conform
to such absurd limitations as a 5.6 kHz bandwidth.