[Boatanchors] ALERT: AM Under Attack - WA3VJB

Harry Vaught hlvaught at BELLSOUTH.NET
Fri Jun 20 18:24:17 EDT 2003

Collecting Boatanchors has nothing to do with their utility.  I seldom get
on the air, but I own several transmitters, nontheless.  My dad didn't let
me listen to Judy Canova on Saturday night back in the '40's on a cell
phone; it was a Hallicrafters S-40A.  What on earth do cell phones and
computer chat rooms have to do with amateur radio?

I firmly believe that we don't choose our hobbies, they choose us.  I can no
more give up radio in favor of cell phones or chat rooms than I could have
cold-bloodedly and intellectually chosen my wife.

Harry Vaught, KT4AE
Lawrenceville, Georgia