[Boatanchors] ALERT: AM Under Attack - WA3VJB

W2AGN w2agn at W2AGN.NET
Fri Jun 20 18:29:06 EDT 2003

On 20 Jun 2003 at 16:25, Colburn wrote:

> I have 40 years of direct knowledge that Hams have been at war on the
> air -- and there are thousands of posts, dozens of articles in Ham mags,
> and dozens of FCC citations to back me up.
>
> I know from Riley Hollingsworth's own lips (here in Tampa Bay at an
ARRL
> Convention a couple of years ago) that the FCC is very troubled, and
has
> been for long, with our inability to successfully self-regulate.  He
has
> for several years warned that the FCC had its limits of tolerance and
> that they were reluctant to add any spectrum because of the problems on
> existing spectrum.

<SNIP>

Boy, after reading all this, I sure am glad we have folks like this to
watch out for us, and make sure the "bad boys" are put to bed without any

dinner. It's good to know that in spite of 99% of hams being no good,
inconsiderate, nasty and downright naughty, there is 1% like our hero
here, to take up the staff of righteousness.

I'll sleep better tonight, knowing folks like this are around.

---
+-++-++-++-++-+   John L. Sielke
|W||2||A||G||N|        http://www.w2agn.net [UPDATED]
+-++-++-++-++-+    Ex-K3HLU,TF2WKT,W7JEF,W4MPC,N4JS
---