[Boatanchors] ALERT: AM Under Attack - WA3VJB

Colburn kd4e at ARRL.NET
Fri Jun 20 21:32:06 EDT 2003

Where did 99% and 1% come from? There is a serious problem but I never
indicted the majority.  The FCC has been warning us to deal with it.

Rather than shooting the messenger how about we tweak the proposal -- I
suggested raising the bandwidth to 3.0KHz for SSB and 6.0KHz for AM,
anyone see a legitimate problem with that or are we now just too
stubborn to change, even for the good of the hobby?

I enjoy boatanchors, am about to get an old Morrow on the air using the
matching speaker and DC supply that I located. I'd sure like to listen
to 75M or 20M without my ears being filled with carriers on top of
QSO's, QRO-powered conversations splattering over service Nets, and
endless cussin' and complainin'!

Sigh ... 73, doc kd4e