TR-4

Kenneth Laine Ketner ketner at ARISBEASSOCIATES.COM
Tue Jun 24 11:50:53 EDT 2003

While on the topic of filters in front of dial lamps, I saw something
interesting on a Heathkit dial lamp once. It was covered in some kind of
green thin plastic stuff, not pain, but something like a layer of
continuous shrink-wrappy stuff. It din’t react to the heat, stayed its
color, and gave off the nicest green light, perfect for Heathkits.
Unfortunately the filament eventually went south.

Does anyone know if this sort of thing was manufactured in various
colors (I am aware the military had red dial lamps.

The real question would be availibility for purchase nowadays of ones
favorite color.

Would this have been a manufactured item or was my green lamp likely a
home-made deal?

If anyone knows how to home brew this working colored lamp, please let
us in on the secret.

--

Ken Ketner
ARS KA5ELD (Extra Class)