Co-ax

Perry Ballinger w8au at SSSNET.COM
Wed Mar 5 15:13:09 EST 2003

At 09:48 AM 03/05/2003 -0700, rayfri wrote:
>Believe it or not, I know of a ham, back in the 60s when I was a Novice, who
>tried to load a wet noodle.   Also tried loading some bed springs and the
>window screen and the gutter around his house roof...  I think, with the
>exception
>of the noodle, he succeded.

About ten years ago, there was reported in one of the ham mags the
attempt to load, not a wet noodle, but a wet string.  As I recall, the
experiment was enhanced by using salt water.

The experiment worked, but not for a very long period, as the
drying string kept changing the loading and the RF current
also contributed some heat which sped up the drying....

FWIW.....

Perry    w8au