TR-4C Help Needed

Al Parker anchor at EC.RR.COM
Thu May 29 19:06:19 EDT 2003

Hi Rob,
    #1 - they are interchangeable.  But you should always check
neutralization when changing finals.  You also should check the values of
the cathode & screen resistors to see if they are within 10% of their mates.
    #2 -  if the long leg on your allen wrench is long enough, you shouldn't
need to remove the cover.  I usually use curved hemostats to pull up the
lower leg on one of the clips to allow me to put enough pressure in the
removal direction to let that clip click out, then while pulling up on the
other side's clip, it'll come free, usually. (hope that's clearer than mud.)
73,
Al, W8UT
New Bern, NC
BoatAnchors appreciated here