Anyone ever heard of a EF Johnson 6&2M Transmit Converter?

rayfri rayfri at NETWORLD.COM
Sat May 31 18:39:17 EDT 2003

Yes, there is a 6N2 transmit converter.  I had one for a few days ....
 bought it and turned around and sold it for something else I wanted
more.    It was designed to plug into the Johnson line of transmitters,
taking its power and modulation from them (kind of like the Heath sb
500, only for transmit alone)... It was crystal controlled, but you
could also use a vfo.
     I think, if i remember right, it used something like an 829
tube.....but I might be mistaken on that.
I think you could get about 75 watts out......
Ray  wa7itz