Anyone ever heard of a EF Johnson 6&2M Transmit Converter?

Colburn kd4e at ARRL.NET
Sat May 31 19:48:26 EDT 2003

The URL posted by Mark, WA9ETW, answered several questions and raised some others.

I now am clear that I need an external power supply, may try a Heath
HP-23 and run it off a DC source.

It is also clear that unless I intend to operate AM I need no external
driver, thus it really is a CW transmitter and an AM transmit converter.

I gather that it is a Class-C design, thus unsuitable for SSB.

It raises an interesting question -- FM.  How does it generate the FM?

Thanks! & 73, doc kd4e