Anyone ever heard of a EF Johnson 6&2M Transmit Converter?

Colburn kd4e at ARRL.NET
Sat May 31 19:09:17 EDT 2003

I saw that picture at RigPix but they had it inadequately labeled -- no
indication that it was a Transmit Converter, only that it was a
Transmitter (see below).

They also list the power source as "Mains" but I am reading here that it
has no independent power supply.  A kind list member has offered to send
me a digitized copy of the manual -- should find all of the answers I
need therein.

Why would it be restricted to AM/CW if it contains no modulator?  Could
it not also pass through a SSB signal?

Guess I will now have to sell my Lafayette HE-45b to pay for this new
toy.  No need (oh no, I used the "need word") for two 2M boatanchors!

Thanks! & 73, doc kd4e

http://www.rigpix.com/efjohnson/6n2.htm
Frequency range:6 m/2 m
Mode:AM/CW