FS: Radio and Test Equipment, Transmitting Tubes and Parts

Dave Hollander n7rk at COX.NET
Sat Sep 13 09:46:33 EDT 2003

Here are a bunch of items for sale. Prices do not include shipping. I
will ship overseas.

"Rare" James Millen Model 90800 Transmitter

..$135 plus shipping
A crystal controlled 50 watt transmitter from the 1940's using a 6L6
driving an 807 with plug-in coils. It requires an external power supply.
Main coils are missing so it is untested. Includes a copy of
theschematic.
http://members.cox.net/radiostuff9/millen_xmtr.jpg
http://members.cox.net/radiostuff9/millen_xmtr3.jpg
http://members.cox.net/radiostuff9/millen_xmtr4.jpg
http://members.cox.net/radiostuff9/millen_xmtr5.jpg
http://members.cox.net/radiostuff9/millen_xmtr6.jpg

National MCN Dial ? New in the Box

..$50 plus shipping
http://members.cox.net/radiostuff9/mcn.jpg
http://members.cox.net/radiostuff9/mcn2.jpg

Set of James Millen Wavemeters with the original storage case........$70
plus shipping
These are from the early 1950's. The units and case are in excellent
condition however a previous owner engraved ID info on the case. The
unit numbers and frequency ranges are as follows:

         90619.......350-1000 kHz
         90620.......150-350 kHz
         90625.......2-6 MHz
         90626.......5.5-15 MHz
http://members.cox.net/radiostuff9/millenwavemeters2.jpg
http://members.cox.net/radiostuff9/millenwavemeters3.jpg
http://members.cox.net/radiostuff9/millenwavemeters.jpg

Two Individual James Millen Wavemeters

$10 plus shipping
One covers 3.5-6 MHz, the other covers 18-40 MHz. The plastic cover on
one is broken but the unit is OK
http://members.cox.net/radiostuff9/millenwm.jpg
http://members.cox.net/radiostuff9/millenwm2.jpg
http://members.cox.net/radiostuff9/millenwm3.jpg

Sprague TO-4 Capacitor Tester

..$135 plus shipping
This unit is in excellent condition and works great. The front panel
still shines like a new unit. Includes a copy of the manual
http://members.cox.net/radiostuff9/sprague_to4.jpg
http://members.cox.net/radiostuff9/sprague_to42.jpg

ZM-3A/U Capacitance Analyzer..........$125 plus shipping
Nice unit, works well, new power cord. Insides look like new. Don't have
a manual , however they are available from several sources on the
internet.
http://members.cox.net/radiostuff9/zm32.jpg

JAN 7293 4CX250 plus socket and Eimac SK-606 Chimney

..$40 per set plus

Shipping. Tubes and chimneys appear to be NOS. Sockets are used. I have
four setsof these
http://members.cox.net/radiostuff9/4cx250.jpg
http://members.cox.net/radiostuff9/4cx2502.jpg
http://members.cox.net/radiostuff9/4cx2503.jpg

Eimac 4-125 plus Socket

..$75 plus shipping
Tube appears new. The brown color in the glass is a reflection off of
the beige background. Socket is used.
http://members.cox.net/radiostuff9/4-125.jpg
http://members.cox.net/radiostuff9/4-1252.jpg

Eimac 450TH/VT-108 Transmitting Tube - $50 plus shipping
http://members.cox.net/radiostuff9/450th2.jpg
http://members.cox.net/radiostuff9/450th.jpg

79 Crystals ? various holders
..$2 each plus shipping or $50 for the
whole lot plus shipping FT-243,CR-1A etc. The frequencies are between 6
to 8.5MHz. I saw a few
40 meter 7080 kHz crystals. These are untested.
http://members.cox.net/radiostuff9/crystal_lot.jpg
http://members.cox.net/radiostuff9/crystal_lot2.jpg
http://members.cox.net/radiostuff9/crystal_lot3.jpg
http://members.cox.net/radiostuff9/crystal_lot4.jpg

Gonset Communicator III - 2 Meters.........$90 plus shipping
This is a separate receiver and and crystal controlled transmitter which

I believe is from the late 1950's or early 1960's. I fired up this radio

and heard my signal generator and a few slope detected FM signals on 2
meters after hooking up an antenna. I do not have any crystals for 2
meters so I was unable to test the transmitter. The radio appears to be
complete. It does have a number of scratches. I don't have a manual but
they are available from a number of sources on the Internet.
http://members.cox.net/radiostuff9/gonset_com3.jpg
http://members.cox.net/radiostuff9/gonset_com32.jpg
http://members.cox.net/radiostuff9/gonset_com33.jpg

Heathkit Electronic Switch Model S-2 with original manual....$20 plus
shipping
http://members.cox.net/radiostuff9/heath_switch.jpg

Turner P-9D Dynamic Microphone

.$35 plus shipping
Dynamic Microphone made in Cedar Rapids, Iowa. This mike works and is in
good condition externally with a small tear in the grill cloth
http://members.cox.net/radiostuff9/p9d2.gif
http://members.cox.net/radiostuff9/turner_dynamicmike.jpg

RCA Capacitance Tester

..$35 plus shipping
Capacitance tester from the 1940's. Uses a magic eye tube reflected with
a mirror. Works great.
http://members.cox.net/radiostuff9/rca_captester.jpg

Barker and Williamson Coil Mounting Bar

..$15 plus shipping
http://members.cox.net/radiostuff9/bwcoilbar.jpg
http://members.cox.net/radiostuff9/bwcoilbar2.jpg

Triplett VTVM

..$35 plus shipping
Works but needs to be calibrated. Good cosmetic condition.
http://members.cox.net/radiostuff9/triplettvtvm.jpg
http://members.cox.net/radiostuff9/triplettvtvm2.jpg
http://members.cox.net/radiostuff9/triplettvtvm3.jpg

Thanks for looking and 73,