For The Serious Key Collector

Gary H. Harmon, Jr. gharmon at IDWORLD.NET
Sun Apr 18 22:59:13 EDT 2004

MELEHAN VALIANT TELEGRAPH KEY
Chrome - Serial Number A-1206

Unless you are as lucky as I was, I doubt you will find another Melehan
Valiant automatic telegraph key.  This beautiful and rare key is gorgeous,
and the good news is that it works well too!  If you've been looking for a
Melehan or the perfect key for your collection, this is your chance.  In my
opinion, the key is nicer then it looks in the photos.  The reflection of
the upper parts in the mirror shine of the base makes it hard to really see
the beauty of this piece.

The Melehan Valiant automatic key is considered to be one of the most
elaborate mechanical keys ever made.  Although it's sometimes called a fully
automatic key, it's really a dual semi-automatic key.  It's also one of the
largest, with a base that measures 4 x 7 inches.  Current records estimate
about 300 were made but only around 20 are known to exist.  This Melehan has
an "A-1206" serial number and less then 5 of the Anaheim prefixes have been
identified.  This first-class chrome key is in excellent condition.  There
are several tiny pricks on the base and two of the thumb screws have slight
top edge wearing.  When I bought the key one of the weight rods was loose
but it was professionally repaired by a jeweler.  The two return springs may
or may not be original. It has two weights and no missing parts that I am
aware of.

You may or may not find another Melehan Valiant in better condition.  In
concert with the buyer, I will carefully pack, ship, and insure this key
anywhere in the CONUS at no cost to the buyer.  I accept PayPal, money order
or personal check (you will have to wait for it to clear the bank).  Key is
sold as-is, as described and shown in pictures.  If you have any questions,
need additional pictures or desire pricing information, please contact me
directly via email.  Trade offers will also be considered.  Other pictures
are available by request.

http://www.k5jwk.com/MVC-098S.JPG; http://www.k5jwk.com/MVC-099S.JPG.

73, gary

Gary H. Harmon, Jr. - K5JWK