Capacitors - In or Out?

Mike Sanders K0AZ k0az at CORPRANET.NET
Sun Aug 8 14:30:53 EDT 2004

The answer to this "dilemma" is simple and has been known for a long long
time.
"To each his own". The real dilemma today is the critical attitude of many
who
think their way is the only way. Greg's post in no way is critical of anyone
but
suggests differing attitudes about old radios. This exists for old stuff in
general
not just radios. Antiques, Vintage, Collectable or Whatever it is there are
many
different opinions about what is the correct way to treat an item of days
gone by.

I have a vintage muscle car that drives every chance I get to take it out.
It is
not a daily driver, show car or race car. It is not true to it's original
roots but
not too far from it. It could be a show car or a race car but that is not
what
   I     want. I want to drive and enjoy. Just like my vintage radios. My
preference
is to play with them and enjoy them. Like my car there are enough examples
of
original brand new on shelves or being towed on trailers to let us all see
what
they looked like when new. I don't want a huge liability in value on my car
or radios
as it is too stressful. My radios and cars are my stress relief (when
possible).
I do tend to lean toward keeping my stuff as close to original as possible
though.

More power to the "real" collectors and to the "real users". "To each his
own".

Now I have to go and get the old Chevy out on the road. She just wants to
go.

K0AZ
Michael D. Sanders
18169 Highway 174