List Server upgrades soon!

Kelley, Dave Dave_Kelley at TEMPE.GOV
Tue Dec 21 16:52:18 EST 2004

Greetings from Tempe,

We will be updating the software that controls the List Server in the next
few weeks.  When we flip the switch you shouldn't see much that's different
at first.  Once we are live we'll check out what new features we can use and
we'll follow up with a message with a link explaining those features.

The main thing you will see is that we will be changing the archives to no
longer show who posted the message nor show a return address.  The Archives
are not static web pages on the site so the addresses there should not have
contributed to spammers gathering any addresses directly.  But, there are
other ways that this becomes a bad practice so we will be fixing that.  In
almost all cases the archives are used to research older postings for
questions and answers and they will still be there for that.  People who
want their email address in the archive can add it to their original posting
body text.

So, expect some small changes and if all goes well, no down time.

Dave Kelley
Webmaster
City of Tempe