Ventilation and stacking of BA's

W6CUX w6cux at EARTHLINK.NET
Sat Feb 14 15:48:47 EST 2004

Kevin,
It's been more than 40 years since I had my Apache but, as I remember, the
fan in there operated on 115 VAC. So does the fan in the SB-200 which should
work in your Apache. Harbach ( http://www.harbachelectronics.com/ ) has
replacement fans for the SB-200.

 73, Stu W6CUX

----- Original Message -----
From: "Kevin Thomas" <kg9il at SBCGLOBAL.NET>
To: <BOATANCHORS at LISTSERV.TEMPE.GOV>
Sent: Saturday, February 14, 2004 12:06 PM
Subject: Ventilation and stacking of BA's

Hi all,

My Apache died a couple of weeks ago and got around to repairing it this
morning. A bad 5R4GY was the cause. I suspect that a contributing factor to
this was, because of limited space in the shack,  that I have to stack my
SX-100 on top of my Apache. I am sure the Apache builds up excess heat in
the cabinet. It does not have an internal fan as I have seen on some
Apaches.

I know I should provide some means of ventilation, but not quite sure of the
best means. I have also thought about going solid state in the PS to reduce
heat in the cabinet.

Any suggestions?

tnx es 73
Kevin