FS: Transmitting Tubes etc.

Glen Zook gzook at YAHOO.COM
Thu Feb 26 09:17:27 EST 2004

I know!  I owned the Motorola reconditioned equipment
center for the south-central US from 1970 until
Motorola went out of that end of the business in 1979!

The 8643 also has larger diameter pins for the plate
connections.

The "A01" tubes were plain old 8643 whereas the "A02"
were "selected" although "A01" tubes would usually
work fine in the 450 MHz units.

The HHT series "high powered" (60, 80, and 100 watt
depending on if "high band" or "low band") all used
5894 and the LHT "low band" Motrac used the 5894 as
well.

Glen, K9STH

--- Neil McKie <n.mckie at bendcable.com> wrote:

In the case of the UHF Motrac series LHT & MHT,
Motorola used selected tubes: part number 97-136A02

The VHF High-band Motracs series LHT & MHT, Motorola
used the selected tubes: part number 97-136A01

=====
Glen, K9STH

Web sites

http://home.comcast.net/~k9sth