National Gray Paint

Al Parker anchor at EC.RR.COM
Mon Jul 26 19:56:50 EDT 2004

Hi Glenn et al,
    My Sherwin Williams store stinks.  We're in a town of abt 30,000, so
not small, and have plenty more in the area, even 2 military bases.  They
don't even have a scanner "color eye" they call it.  I tried them for
something "normal" about 5 yrs ago, they didn't know what I was talking
about.  Went in again a few weeks ago after all your glowing reports.
They said "maybe the store in Greenville has an "eye."  That's 50 mi.
away.
    Unfortunately, the place that supplies auto paint can't do much
either.  I've tried them twice, and left with nothing, the first time the
guy said, "I can mix up what the computer says, but you won't like it,"
after scannng a Super Pro panel.
    Walmart's "porch paint" match for the SX-28 blue-gray came fairly
close.
    Sometimes there's an advantage living in metropolis,  I've done it,
guess I can put up with the few inconveniences of "small" town.  I guess
your S-W store supplies industry, ain't lots of that here.
73,
Al, W8UT
New Bern, NC
BoatAnchors appreciated here