feedline strain-relief

Perry Ballinger w8au at SSSNET.COM
Sat Jun 12 13:15:24 EDT 2004

At 10:14 AM 06/12/2004, paul hendershott wrote:
>Hi Folks - I am running about 150' of RG-213 feed-line out to a new
>light-weight antenna. The run of wire is suspended up about 20 feet. My
>problem is that the feed-line becomes quite heavy with this large span and
>I was trying to think of ways to handle the strain at both the antenna end
>and the end going into the attic from outside.

Typical arrangement for supporting cables in mid-span is to use a
"messenger wire."
This is a steel, or some non-stretchable wire, and is run from one point to
another,
with some form of "tie-off" every 2 feet or so to support the cables under it.

If you notice telephone wires (from the pole to the house) have a
"built-in" messenger
wire moulded into the overall cable sheath and is noticeable if you look
closely.

Perry   w8au