SPECIAL R390A PANEL (6kc & 8kc)

Dee C. Almquist w4pnt at VELOCITUS.NET
Sat Jun 12 17:47:34 EDT 2004

Have you ever considered a narrower filter like 6kc & move the 8kc filter to the 16kc slot, eliminating 16kc?  This means re-silk screening refinished panel that puts 6kc where 8kc position was & changed 16kc to read 8kc with same fonts as original. I have some pics of one done this way. Its pretty neet & I think I will modify my 390A this way when I restore it. That 16kc filter is much too broad & I seldom use it. But I use the 8kc a lot. And 6kc is just right for AM operation with reasonable band conditions.

Because of a request for 2 special R390A panels, I have the screen in stock to do many more this way. Cost Will be $135. for this "special", front side.
Regards
Dee