Best Tube Transceiver?

edoc kd4e at ARRL.NET
Sat Mar 27 21:19:15 EST 2004

I have had a change of heart from seeking a Hallicrafters SX-100
tube receiver to seeking a 100% tube transceiver.

My price range is what I can get for a SX-99, S-85, and R46 ...
OR a swap for all three.

I know that I can get a Heathkit SB-102 for a whole lot less
and have owned one in the past, it is a solid basic all-tube
transceiver but I need something with a few more features, esp.
on the receive side (sensitivity and selectivity are key).

I'd prefer 160-10m but would consider 80-10M.

What all-tube transceiver(s) would the gathered wisdom of the
folks here on the list have me consider, please?

--
Thanks! & 73, doc kd4e
West Central Florida