Best Tube Transceiver?

Glen Zook gzook at YAHOO.COM
Sun Mar 28 10:51:44 EST 2004

Basically, all the semiconductor devices in the
Heathkit HP-23 series of power supplies are silicon
rectifier diodes (i.e. 1N4007 equivalents).  Those are
among the least probable to be destroyed by any EMP.

Also, I suggest that you take a look at the synopsis
of the lightning protection and grounding seminars
that I do on a regular basis for hints as to what you
can to do reduce the chances of a strike.  Nothing can
prevent a direct strike under all circumstances.  But,
you can reduce the chances of taking a strike by up to
99% of what they would be otherwise.

What I suggest is not the only way of doing things.
There are several manufacturers of various devices
that have "tips" on grounding, etc., on the Internet.
Of course, they all recommend using their devices!
What I recommend does not use any of these devices and
is thus much cheaper to install.  Frankly, there are
things that you can do yourself that cost very little
that accomplish exactly the same thing as what the
manufacturers recommend.

You can find these synopsis on either of the websites
that are listed at the end of this message.

What I recommend has been proven in hundreds of
applications over several decades in commercial
two-way radio installations, microwave radio
installations, and amateur radio installations.

Glen, K9STH

--- edoc <kd4e at ARRL.NET> wrote:

OR, is it fair to say that the semiconductor devices
used in the matching SB-101 supply are of such high
tolerance that indirect EMP won't bother them?

=====
Glen, K9STH

Web sites

http://home.comcast.net/~k9sth