Thermal Grease

Bill Fuqua wlfuqu00 at UKY.EDU
Thu Nov 4 09:02:25 EST 2004

I seem to remember that years ago there were warnings about contact with
the white grease. Remember many medications in the 1950s had mercury in
them. And watches had radium dials and remember the shoe stores with the
fluoroscopes? There was a time before people really cared about these
things. I remember reading soldering tip in one of the ham magazines. It
suggested holding the solder in your mouth when a third hand was needed.
Most of the inexpensive radios had 110 VAC on their chassis or common. Many
of the transmitter projects had exposed high voltage.

All I am saying is that it is possible that someone did produce a produce
with BeO in it taking into account the concerns those days. No products in
the past 30 or maybe 40 years surely have had BeO in powder form in them.

73
Bill wa4lav