Paper Labels

Glen Zook gzook at YAHOO.COM
Wed Oct 6 18:38:12 EDT 2004

Before computers I used to do it using a 35 mm SLR
camera.  Getting the duplicate the correct size could
be a little bit of "fun" using an enlarger in the
darkroom!

I have tried it using my digital camera but I do seem
to get better results using a scanner and scanning at
300 dpi.  Also, I have actually made new ones using
the same font as the original.  Sometimes the type
size is a bit different from the "normal" points and I
have to either slightly enlarge or reduce the size to
duplicate the original.

I have found some gold foil that works fine with an
ink jet printer for small sized items (the paper is
cut for labels) but haven't found any readily
available gold or silver in 8.5 x 11 inch size that
will work with the ink jet printers.  I would prefer
adhesive backed, but even if a spray adhesive had to
be applied I could make it work.

Glen, K9STH

--- Eugene Rippen <soundval at FOOTHILL.NET> wrote:

I have done it with my digital camera, also.

=====
Glen, K9STH

Web sites

http://home.comcast.net/~k9sth