ARRL not helpful

J. Forster jfor at QUIK.COM
Wed Oct 27 22:01:11 EDT 2004

. My ARRL representatives have ignored my  comments and many others. The ARRL Digital
Committee

> >> has ignored sound advice, and members resigned in disgust.
>
> >> It's too late, BUT we will remember this sell-out behavior
> >> the next time that there is an election of ARRL officers!
> >
> >Sadly, our "elected" officers are simply "pap for the masses." The
> >decisions are made by the "Executive Committee," led by Dave Sumner. The
> >so-called "Directors" have no power whatsoever.
> >

> >+-+ +-+ +-+ +-+ +-+  John L. Sielke
> >+-+ +-+ +-+ +-+ +-+  http://w2agn.net

FWIW, several years ago, eBay tried to stop the selling of boat anchor gear, which
troubled me quite a bit since I collect certain WW II military radios and radars. When
repeated emails to eBay were rebuffed, I emailed the ARRL President and got back a
snotty reply. The content was essentially 'don't bother me'.

Eventually Riley Hollingsworth told eBay that selling the older gear was OK, but the
ARRL was no damn help whatsoever to me or boatanchor collectors..

-John