ALERT: Harbor Freight Tools PROBLEMS

Brian Carling bcarling at CFL.RR.COM
Tue Apr 5 06:46:46 EDT 2005

john wrote:

>Must have caught them on a bad day.
>
>When I got my drill press, a collar was broken during  shipping.
>
>I called customer service, told them the part number (from the hazy
>drawing in the "manual") and they took my request. I didn't think
>anything would come of it, but two weeks later a package arrived
>with the replacement part.
>
>Just my .02
>
>John

They will not do that now.
They only offered to replace the broken punch set if I first return the
whole set.
I don't trust them any more.
It's very likely they would then turn around and say it was out of stock
for the next two months.
A broken bird in the hand is worth two in the bush so I am keeping what
I have.

They said that they could ship anpother generator, that they DO have in
stock if I want, but then
waffled about "maybe by the time the order gets placed THAT model will
be back-ordered too"
etc. etc.
No promises, no nothing.

I gather that some folks have had better experiences, so your mileage
may vary.