[FLBOATANCHORS] ALERT: Harbor Freight Tools PROBLEMS

Brian Carling bcarling at CFL.RR.COM
Tue Apr 5 06:50:45 EDT 2005

Mark Foltarz wrote:

>Holy smokes! Something did not right.

??

>So what did you order?

A generator

>I buy stuff from them at the store here in Tampa or in St. Pete.
>
>I mean you really have to see the stuff before putting money down.

I know. I should have not bought a generatormail order. I am cancelling
the back-order today.

>One time I bought a pipe bender. Catalog said it had dies  for all sorts of
>diameters. Catalog never said anything about bending only thick wall pipe.
>Absolutely flattened the stock I was working with. But they gave me my money
>back at the store.

Yeah - the store is usually not a problem. The mail order is where I ran
into problems.

>Also, they just don't hire real sharp tools to work in the store either.

He he - true...

>You really have to use your wits with Harbor Freight and buy at the store.

Good advice.