UPS et al

J. Forster jfor at QUIK.COM
Wed Aug 17 14:26:29 EDT 2005

Jerry Forwood wrote:

> [snip]  I think the problem is more with the shippers than with the shipping companies.

Explain to me why UPS has 'lost' shipments the size of a small coffin, weighing over 100 pounds? How is that my or the shipper's fault.??

> If UPS and FexX were as bad as people on this list seem to say, I doubt that they would be still in business.  Who would use them?

Because they, along with USPS, are effectively the only games in town. Their business is mostly commercial. If you loose a package from some mail order place, they just pay off and ship out a duplicate order. I was told by the President's office of UPS that you should never ship unique stuff by UPS. They stay in business because they deliver more than they loose.

-John