FCC NPRM

Brian Carling bcarling at CFL.RR.COM
Wed Jul 20 17:46:05 EDT 2005

Thanks Glen -  Sheesh!

Your tax dollars at work again...

I wonder where all the "KNOW CODE" arguments went? You would think
reading this expensive
FCC document that NO ONE wanted a code requirement any more.  I find
that HARD to believe.
Looks like ARRL and TAPR are one nmow anyway, and well... ya can't stand
in the way of "progress."
THIS op does not support the idea of removing the morse testing
requirement, period.

"FCC" writes:
"The record before us shows that the amateur service community generally
supports removing the telegraphy
requirement as one of the requirements for General Class operator
privileges.   Accordingly, we propose to revise
Section 97.501  to remove the five wpm telegraphy examination from the
requirements for a General Class operator license. "

Yep - FCC has been being way too hard on 'em!  I guess that ole 5 wpm
requirement was just
TOO DOGGONE DIFFICULT  for these trendy 21st Century General Class
licensees,
especially the ones on 75m SSB, LOL!