Need Oddball Caps.

Glen Zook gzook at YAHOO.COM
Wed Jun 1 10:21:41 EDT 2005

Put two 10 mfd at 350 volts to 450 volt in series and
be done with it.  Make sure and put an "equalizing"
resistor across both of them.

The original capacitors had a tolerance of +80% /
-50%.  The new capacitors have a tolerance of +/-20%.
Thus, the new capacitors are within the range of the
originals.

Glen, K9STH

--- Orrin Bentz <minmar at 2Z.NET> wrote:

I am recapping a URM 25D. There are 3 4uf 650 WVDC
electrolytics in the power supply. I checked catalogs
from Mouser, Digiky, Newark One, and Antique Radio
Supply with no luck at finding anything even close.

Then I tried to see what I could put in series to
achieve the needed values. No luck, the voltage was
always too low for the cap. value.

Glen, K9STH

Web sites

http://home.comcast.net/~k9sth