[FLBOATANCHORS] RE: Need Oddball Caps.

Brian Carling bcarling at CFL.RR.COM
Wed Jun 1 09:58:13 EDT 2005

I agree Mark - great bleeder scheme and it kills two birds with one stone.

Foltarz at rocketmail.com
writes:

>>Absolutely use the lower voltage caps. Much, much less expensive. Only drawback
is that they will typically take up more space.

I have had great success on recapping several amplifiers with 250 volt
electrolytics.

I use an equalizing capacitor across each one. The arrl handbook says 100 ohm /
volt. So for my 250 volt caps that would be 25K ohm.

The power in the resistor at worst case is  2.5W I use a 5 watt resistor across
each cap  and all is OK.

 By the way, the equalizing resistors do a nice job for the bleeder to. Great
way to replace those huge wire wound resistors that ALWAYS open - at least on
my gear.

73

de KA4JVY

Mark