WTB - SX-62 or IC-R71, R-5000, FRG-7700

Joe W1GFH WB1GFH at AOL.COM
Mon Jun 6 22:28:46 EDT 2005

I'm looking for a gen. coverage SWL receiver for a local friend just getting
into the hobby, discovering the romance of radio, DX, AM, etc.

He is looking specifically for a decent 1980's-era swl rig like an Icom
R71a,e or Kenwood R-5000, or Yaesu FRG-7700.

He is also dreaming of a Halli SX-62 for AM hi-fi swl'ing and is willing to
try sneaking this particular boatanchor under the wife's radar. If you have an
extra one you'd like to let go, let me know, I will put you in touch, and we
can start this guy on the road to ruin. :-)

73,
Joe, W1GFH/6