Caps in series

DrRick drrick007 at OPTONLINE.NET
Sat Oct 29 22:21:36 EDT 2005

700V electrolytics are tough to find, unless you have room for a big
old oil cap. You might consider some of the modern non-polarized film
caps; I belief some are rated for 400-500 volts AC, which should be
fine for 700 vdc.
Ether way, I may have some thing for you. Let me know the space
constraints you're working within.
It'll will cost you a sase (or sasbox) because while I am good hearted,
I am one of the world's worst procrastinators.

If you go with the series caps, I usually use 470K 1 watt and a .01
disc cap in parallel with each electrolytic.

Peace,
DrRick