Looking for Amperex 8509 VHF Power tube data sheet

Bob And Bettina Groh rgroh at SWBELL.NET
Sun Sep 4 00:39:54 EDT 2005

Ladies and gentleman,

I am looking for a data sheet (actually copy thereof) for an Amperex
8509 RF vacuum tube. Believe this is a VHF power tube. Found one in my
'collection' and would like to identify it a little more precisely. I
think (dangerous as that sometimes is) that I used this way back in the
early 70's when I was doing some design work on a commerical VHF FM
radio. Don't remember any more than that. I have tried 'googling' it and
find sources for the tube but no data sheet info. All leads most
gratefully received.

73 de WA2CKY
Bob Groh