GB> What BA's Use the 2625w Tube?

Al Parker anchor at EC.RR.COM
Sat Apr 15 10:39:07 EDT 2006

Hi Tom, Ron, et al,
    I guess I got this discussion fired up, so I'll jump back in.  Yes, I
agree that almost all replies should be shared with the whole list.  Ron's
set up 3 lists to operate the "unusual" way, and is probably on at least 3
more that are the "other" way.  I know I should be quick enuf to look at
who my reply is going to, but I'm not very good at it.  I try to reply to
"all" most of the time, but sometimes see a post from a friend & just rip
off a note to him that has no interest to the group.  I'll try to watch
what's going where.
    Tom brings up a viewpoint that may be shared by too many - that of
thinking that his response might be boring to the list at large.  He now
has changed that opinion, great.  The bandwidth issue is, I think, more
suspected than actual, but I agree that much of the bottom stuff can be
removed from a reply.  Text messages don't take up much bandwidth, but
lengthy ones can be aggravating to those who suffer with a dialup
connection.  Another gripe of mine is those people who get a list in the
digest form and don't delete all the unrelated digest content from their
reply.  Again, a grouchy gripe, I have a fast cable connx, but hate
scrolling thru 3-10 posts to see what the guy's talking about,
particularly when he hasn't put the proper subject in.
    OK, I'm done.  I'll follow this message up with a new one on a
different topic.
73 all,
Al, W8UT
grouch under treatment