AM & SSB Now Legal 3600-3800 in USA?

kd4e kd4e at VERIZON.NET
Fri Dec 15 12:52:40 EST 2006

Are there plans to routinely use 3600 - 3750 for voice
in the USA or was this just a one-time-only event to
make the point that such is now legal?

Just wondering if there may be an opportunity to spread
out QSO's to spectrum where some clown doesn't claim
ownership and QRM endlessly.

Then again, I am talking about 80/75M, is that possible?

 > It was effective last night at the crack of midnight (EST).
 > The frequencies from 3600 to 3750 sounded as if a contest
 > were in process.
 >
 > 73 de Mike W9OJ
 >
> The bandwarming party certainly did take place, starting right about
> 0501Z with phone activity throughout 3600 - 3750.  The most interesting
> thing to me was the large number of AM signals and the large number AM
> QSO's on different frequencies throughout the newly opened segment.
>
> The solar flare effects didn't seem to cause a lot of trouble.  I heard
> a lot of fluttery CW signals on 80 last night but they were plenty
> strong enough for good QSO's and there wasn't a lot of noise.  Had a
> nice glowing chat with KB1CL near Boston, he with his Ranger and 75A-3
> while I used my DX-60B and Drake 2B.
>
> With most CW down below 3600 now at least I won't need to retune to QSY
> between segments.
>
> John, KU4AF
> Pittsboro, NC
>
> On Dec 15, 2006, at 11:42 AM, kd4e wrote:
>
>> I read the text (below) on QRZ and wondered if anyone has
>> heard if the FCC changed their minds, again, or if this
>> stands - effective today?
>>
>> Of course the sun flare may make it moot for now!
>>
>> Not sure if there is any point in invading traditional
>> CW & digital spectrum but not having to worry about the
>> 3750 edge (especially when Canadian SSB has long been
>> active below that, creating some confusion) is nice.

>> Vintage radio hobbyists in the United States will celebrate
>> the federal goverment's expansion of the 75 meter phone band
>> with a 'bandwarming' party from 3600-3800Kc starting at 0500
>> GMT Dec. 15, 2006.

Thanks! & 73, doc, KD4E
... in sunny & warm Florida  :-)
Thank our brave soldiers this season: