GB> Morse Code Requirement Eliminated

kd4e kd4e at VERIZON.NET
Fri Dec 15 20:59:05 EST 2006

I am not a lawyer nor an expert on parsing bureaucratic
legalese but the words they use (see below) sure suggest
immediate implementation.

It would not be the first time someone told me that
bureaucrat-speak meant one thing when it meant another!

"Today, the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) *adopted*
a Report and Order and Order on Reconsideration *(Order)*
that modifies the rules for the Amateur Radio Service by
revising the examination requirements for obtaining a
General Class or Amateur Extra Class amateur radio operator
license and revising the operating privileges for Technician
Class licensees."

"With *today’s elimination* of the Morse code exam requirements ..."

--

Thanks! & 73, doc, KD4E
... in sunny & warm Florida  :-)