CW and the FCC

Chris Trask christrask at EARTHLINK.NET
Fri Dec 15 21:32:11 EST 2006

    Does the written portion for Extra class remain the same?  If so, I'm
going to get a study guide this weekend and pass that test the first chance
I get next year.

    But let me add this:  I will never lose my admiration for hams that can
even do 5WPM.  I'm much more of a designer and builder than I am an
operator.

    And yes, you watch the prices for Heathkit gear on eBay go through the
ceiling.  Sure glad I got mine over a decade ago when the prices were
reasonable.  But then, I can recall standing and watching a fellow at a
hamfest trying to sell a potential buyer a pristine Heathkit SB-301 and
SB-401 together for a mere $125 total.  He was virtually giving it away, and
the buyer just wasn't interested.

Chris

     ,----------------------.       High Performance Mixers and
    /    What's all this     \    Amplifiers for RF Communications
   / extinct stuff, anyhow?  /
   \  _______,--------------'           Chris Trask / N7ZWY
  _ |/                                  Principal Engineer
 oo\                                  Sonoran Radio Research
(__)\       _                             P.O. Box 25240
  \  \    .'  `.                     Tempe, Arizona 85285-5240
    \  '"        \                 IEEE Senior Member #40274515
      '-| )__| :.  \              Email: christrask at earthlink.net
        | |  | | \  '.       http://www.home.earthlink.net/~christrask

                       Graphics by Loek Frederiks