Schematic needed and CW

Robert Moulton rmoulton at EMAIL.ARIZONA.EDU
Sat Dec 16 08:02:59 EST 2006

Not to beat this subject to death (my email was pretty full when I got
to work today), but I have some questions regarding the FCC's current
changes. I  am currently trying to get my technician license and given
my interest in older equipment had planned to start w/ CW by passing
the 5 WPM test (I may end up as one of the last persons to have
purchased ARRL's "How to Learn Morse Code" guide...).  From looking at
the new frequency chart it would appear they have done away w/ all CW
only operating frequencies at least in the HF band. My question is
this:	Does this mean that anyone who plugs a straight key into their
transmitter can transmit CW now w/ no training of any kind? Or if you
want to do CW do you still have to pass the test?

On another note, I am looking for the schematic for Antique Electronic
Supply's K-101A power supply kit if anyone in the group has put one
together. I went to work w/o my folder of manuals and schematics. I
work at a telescope at 10K + ft for a week at a time, so going back to
get it is a bit of a jog. I've finished everything but the B supply and
was hoping to finish it  in my spare time this week.  Otherwise I may
be able to get them to fax it to me Monday.

Thanks

Bob