[FLBOATANCHORS] RM-11306 COMMENTS TALLY!

rayfri rayfri at HIGHSTREAM.NET
Sun Feb 19 16:48:41 EST 2006

The other 550 thousand of us who didnt respond didnt do so because we
realize that it doesnt really matter one hoot in
the hot place what we think.  The FCC makes up its mind what its going
to do and makes its decision before it even asks for
public comment.  The only reason they go through the motions of asking
for public comment is because they HAVE to accept public comment, but
they dont have to go along with what the majority thinks...      It's
merely going through the motions...
all those comments that are sent in or made ... they go in one ear and
out the other of the commissioners, and the written ones
most likely end up in the trash basket.....      Maybe those that
support their pre-made decision may be saved and the better ones used
publicly to enable them to say there is support for their premade
decision...

I think that belief is a fair deduction if you look at how many times in
the past hams have voiced opposition to "proposed" (translation ..
premade decisions) changes in ham regulations ... and how many times in
the past support for changes have been sent in, and
the FCC has done exactly the opposite of what was requested...
To name a few: ... incentive licensing ....  realignment of some of our
frequencies .... revoking some of our frequencies and giving them to
other agencies ...  BPL ....   doing away with some classes of
licenses...   the 10 meter amplifier ban ....  etc etc etc ad nauseum...

Dont fool yourselves guys....  The FCC is NOT a democratic or
representative body ...  it is a "monarchy committee" ... made up of
a group of people who believe that all wisdom resides in their little
heads and offices....  Those that deal specifically with amateur radio
issues USUALLY dont even have a license themselves or havent been
operating for years.  They most likely wouldnt know a key or a plate
meter from the area of their rear end .  Yet they presume to know what
is best for the amateur service.
Those commissioners in the past that HAVE had a license, or may have one
now .... they way they act is similar to a praying mantis that turns on
and eats its mate after the mating ritual...    of those species that
eat their own young ... in my humble opinion.

THAT is why the 550 thousand of US dont respond to requests for public
input.   Personally, I have better things to do with my time than to
waste it sending in comments that will either be deleted from the
electronic system or simply thrown in the garbage after valuable postage
is spent to mail it in...

Ray  WA7ITZ