SSB ops clear down to 7000 kHz on 40m, Grrrr

Brian Carling bcarling at CFL.RR.COM
Fri Jan 20 09:39:04 EST 2006

On 20 Jan 2006 at 8:18, Mike D. wrote:

> > Actually, I have never had a problem with copying CW through
> > an SSB station.  In fact, if you use a good CW filter you
> > probably won't even know that the SSB station is operating.
> > It is primarily those operators who are copying CW using SSB
> > filters (or wider) that are primarily having problems.  Those
> > are the same people who complain about other CW operators
> > that are over a KHz away in frequency.

> It is my opinion this comment is completely false.

> 73 de Mike, N9BOR

Yes, Mike - It is my opinion that you are 100% correct.
It is also possible that this person has never tried to work
CW through heavy SSB QRM too!

Tryit sometime with a 500 Hz filter where the station you are
working is RST 559 / QSB and then a station comes on top
of you on SSB that is RS 59+25 dB. No filter is going to let you
hear that CW signal.