SSB ops clear down to 7000 kHz on 40m, Grrrr

Brian Carling bcarling at CFL.RR.COM
Fri Jan 20 15:58:48 EST 2006

On 20 Jan 2006 at 14:02, Bill Evans wrote:

> Yes Mike - and my fellow Canadians are not required to utilize frequencies
> below 7100 KHz for SSB.  That is one of my personal gripes with my fellow
> Canadians.  The first 100 KHz of 40 M is very precious to everyone,
> particularly those in Regions 1 and 3.
>
> You'll find me above 7153 KHz when on 40 M SSB.
>
> Bill Evans
> VE4UD

THANK YOU Bill - you are a very considerate operator!
Many others among our friendly ham neighbors to the north are
considerate too.

So WHY is it that some USA hams insist on claiming that the VE
stations are only allowed to operate SSB below 7100 I wonder?