SSB ops clear down to 7000 kHz on 40m, Grrrr

Brian Carling bcarling at CFL.RR.COM
Fri Jan 20 15:54:57 EST 2006

On 20 Jan 2006 at 10:48, Bill Evans wrote:

> I'm skeptical that this interference would be as easily dismissed as
> suggested

Me too, and the dismissal of others as not knowing how to
adjust the knobs is ludicrous if not rude.

Never make assumptions and call others appliance operators
until you know who you are talking to.

Glen's little lecture about adjusting RF Gain and AGC sounded
like the expert lecturing the newbies. I have been a ham since
1968 and an active SWL who built my own equipment
for several years prior to that. So yes, Glen I DO know how to
adjust the receiver, and NO, you can't pull that CW signal out
with your Collins rig. Grin!