Orlando Hamcation Boatachors Lunch

Todd, KA1KAQ ka1kaq at GMAIL.COM
Mon Jan 30 09:49:59 EST 2006

On 1/28/06, Brian Carling <bcarling at cfl.rr.com> wrote:
> Orlando Hamcation Boatanchor Bash / Lunch Eyeball QSO
>
> Last year we did it at 12 noon Saturday at the Golden Corral
> which is JUST WEST of the hamfest site on Route 50.
> It's about 2.4 miles down on the right as you head west.

I was there last year while visiting Tampa from VT. Unfortunately, I
went on Friday because of plans for Saturday and also thinking that
Friday was the bigger day like Hosstraders is up this way. I was
wrong! All that traffic and few sellers on Friday, the windy, cool
weather probably didn't help.

Did see some nice old gear though, including a 30S-1, some Collins
A-Line gear, SP-600 and a few others. Ebay prices, to say the least.
Bought some hard drawn copper wire from the Wireman (just used it for
a 40 m antenna this last weekend), and met a VT ham who lives about 45
minutes south of me here. We'd been trying to meet up for years, had
to go 1500 miles to another state to make it happen.

Sure do wish I'd gone on Saturday. Maybe next year? Hope you all have
a good time.

de Todd/'Boomer'  KA1KAQ