Knight TR 106 Power Plug wiring for 120VAC EXPLANATION

W5EUQ w5euq at VERIZON.NET
Sun Jul 9 13:33:00 EDT 2006

Just passing along info on Knight TR 106  power plug wiring:

After I drew my own diagram of the power plug in the radio, this is what
I decided.    _*120Vac goes to Pins 4 low and Pin 3 hot side.  Pin 12 is
ground or green wire on three wire plug.*_

Then I slowly brought the rig up and made measurements.  All looked
great.  Found that all I needed was _*one more jumper between Pins 10
(12VAC) and Pin 9 (Filament line).  *_Note that from ground, pin 10 AND
pin 5 both have about 12VAC on them.  I only tried the  Pin 10
arrangement.  I "assume" that the pin 5 is most likely useable for
filament line  INSTEAD of Pin 10.  (center tap of this winding is
grounded and Pin 5 and 10 are opposite ends of this winding.  Therefore,
from ground to either pin 5 or 10 is approx. 12 VAC)
_*
*_Rig came up fine with 0 to 120VAC Varistat control.  Tubes lit up,
measurements were looking good.  Put it on dummy load, of course no
transmit power, don't have a crystal or vfo for it... but it receives
great.  I transmitted on my Icom 756PII and the TR106 received fine for
AM.

Hope this helps others.
I have the  power wiring for 12 V DC operation but have not PROVEN them
yet.  Will do so.  Anyone needing info contact me at W5EUQ at verizon.net
 You might visit my website at W5EUQ.com.

Bob Hardie, W5EUQ-  Tampa